Our co-existing disorders programme in Kamo, Whangarei conducts a unique modified residential based Therapeutic Community. We are now seeking a skilled and caring full-time permanent Support Worker to work five rostered shifts per week with the days of work to be negotiated.
The ideal applicants will have:
- Ideally a minimum Level 4 Certificate in Health or related field (preferred)
- A willingness to embrace the Therapeutic Community (TC) model
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working in the addictions or mental health field (desirable)
- Commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi
- A full NZ Driver's Licence
In return we offer:
- A competitive salary based on pay equity
- Paid meal breaks
- Free meals and fruit
- 22 days annual leave
- 5 days paid study leave per annum.
- Professional and career development opportunities.
- A dynamic and supportive team who are passionate about what they do.
Maturity, reliability, honesty and common sense are essential. If you are adaptable, practical, results driven, can problem solve on the hop and relate well to people and can use a combination of life skills and work-related experience then this could be the opportunity for you.
More about us:
Odyssey has supported thousands of New Zealanders whose lives are affected by alcohol, drug or other addiction challenges. We wholeheartedly believe that everyone living in New Zealand should have the opportunity to live life to the fullest, to feel hopeful about their future and to have meaningful relationships with friends and whānau.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter, and complete the additional information questionnaire online. For all enquiries, please contact Jared Johanson on 021929361 or from the 12th January contact Phoebe Van Donselaar on 021578262
Closing date: Friday 21 January 2022
Please note that this role must be performed by a fully vaccinated worker. Proof of vaccination for COVID-19 is required before the successful candidate can comment employment in the role. Police and Ministry of Social Development clearance checks are also required.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We particularly encourage applications from Māori and Pasifika candidates.