About the role
This is a rewarding role, where you will help young adults up to elderly with intellectual disabilities to achieve greater independence and to live a satisfying life in our community. This is the perfect role to kick off your career in the industry.
· Build and maintain strong relationships in the community
· Teach people we support skills to help them achieve greater independence
· Support people with basic household duties, meal preparation, medication oversight and personal cares
· Flexibility to work across a rotating fortnightly roster, including weekends and sleepovers
· Legal entitlement to live and work in New Zealand for at least 10 months
· Have a Full NZ drivers licence or be able to gain this within 3 months
· Pass a full New Zealand Police check
· You must have a can do, positive attitude and enjoy helping others achieve their goals.
What's on offer?
· Opportunities to build your long-term career in the disability sector
· Ongoing support to achieve your National certificates in Health and Wellbeing
· Generous long-service leave entitlements and Insurance benefit
· “Refer a friend” Bonus programme
· FREE EAP service anytime you might need counselling support
About IDEA Services
IDEA Services supports adults of all ages with intellectual disabilities to live in their own homes and enjoy life as part of their communities. We are New Zealand's largest provider of services to people with intellectual disabilities and their families. Our services are founded on IHC's utter commitment for people with intellectual disabilities to have a good life and to be valued contributors to and members of their own community.
IDEA Services is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the IHC Group which is made up of our charitable programmes and three wholly-owned subsidiaries, committed to supporting people with intellectual disabilities to lead satisfying lives in the community and to providing housing and tenancy services to people in need.
How to apply:
Apply online via career.ihc.org.nz.
Call 0800 9675 4442 if you have any questions.
IHC Group is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and actively seek a diverse applicant pool. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We welcome all kinds of diversity and the different perspectives such diversity brings to our work.
Applicants must have the legal right to work in New Zealand