Permanent, Full-time Position (40h/w, Monday – Friday; 8:00am-4:30pm)
Intensive Support Services - Otahuhu
Salary Range: $20.50-25.50* per hour
Increased to $21.50-$27.00* per hour from 1 July 2021
*As per Pay Equity
We have a fantastic perm opportunity for a Support Worker to join our committed Intensive Support Services (ISS) team in the field of Intellectual/Dual Disability with High and Complex needs
WHO WE ARE:
As a respected not-for-profit, Ember – Korowai Takitini, believes in providing innovative, person-centred solutions for people experiencing mental distress, people with addiction issues and people with intellectual disabilities. Our support services work throughout New Zealand’s north island.
ISS provides life skills and day service specifically tailored to the individual needs of each client, combining client-centred goals with behavioural interventions. We work in partnership with residential services to provide an all-encompassing array of supportive services to facilitate the client on their pathway to rehabilitation.
Expectations of our ISS roles include community support of individual and groups of clients as well as facilitation of day and life skills programmes. The goal of our service is to provide clients with a sense of identity, self-confidence and practical skills to lead successful lives within the community of their choice.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Providing individual support to clients with dual/intellectual disabilities (with high and complex needs).
- Facilitating the development of a range of skills that promote community participation and successful entry to the mainstream labour market.
- Identifying needs, setting goals, providing support, role-modelling, coaching and utilisation of demonstrable outcome measures.
- Facilitate the design, delivery and evaluation of quality programmes as well as the core ISS programmes that are run every term.
- Provide or coordinate one-on-one and/or group support and training that assists an individual with high and complex needs to develop interpersonal and pre-vocational skills that improves his/her quality of life and enables him/her to live within the community of choice.
- The work activities are of a physical nature and may involve active participation in sports and restrains of clients.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Experienced working with Intellectual Disability and complex behavioural needs
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and the ability to relate, adapt to and engage a wide spectrum of people with diverse backgrounds, ages, and cultures.
- Understanding of and/or experience in disability support services and of what “Life Skills and Day Services” aim to achieve.
- Superb people skills, the right attitude, negotiation, problem-solving skills and a willingness to learn.
- Eligibility to work in New Zealand.
- A current clean full NZ Driver Licence
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word and Outlook
- A commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi and culturally safe practice
- Supporting/training or teaching and aiding clients in achieving their goals
- A Level 4 certificate in Health and Wellbeing or an equivalent qualification
WHAT WE OFFER:
- In return we will offer you meaningful work, the freedom and flexibility to maintain a work-life balance and great workplace and people to work with.
- Varied training opportunities for personal and professional growth including support to undergo qualifications (where appropriate) as well as support for professional memberships (where applicable).
- A comprehensive wellbeing programme that includes flu vaccinations, health checks and access to an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP).
- A range of additional leave benefits, including additional sick leave, study leave and recreation days!
Want to ignite possibilities and work for an NGO at the forefront of mental health and intellectual disabilities services? Then APPLY now– email your updated Cover Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 12:00pm, Friday, 9th July 2021
For more Information about the job, please download the Job Description: https://ember.org.nz/careers/ or contact Ember HR on 09 523 2790.