Support Worker (Otahuhu)
Intensive Support Service
Based in Otahuhu - High and Complex Needs Service
Permanent, Full-time (40hours per week)
Monday – Friday 8am to 4:30pm
Pay Equity: $21.50 - $27.00 per hour (depending on qualification)
Closing date for applications: This position will be advertised until filled
Ember is an essential service falls under Health sector, as part of this role, you must be fully vaccinated.
If you’re excited about working for a progressive organisation at the forefront of Mental Health and Addictions and want to be part of a vibrant culture Ember Korowai Takitini is for you.
Ember blends professional expertise and lived experience to offer a range of services and supports for anyone with mental health, addiction, or intellectual disability needs. We desire a society that better understands and responds to mental distress, addiction, and intellectual disability.
We are looking for a Support Worker to join our Intensive Support Service providing life skills and day service specifically tailored to the individual needs of each client, combining client-centred goals with behavioural interventions. We work in partnership with residential services to provide an all-encompassing array of supportive services to facilitate the client on their pathway to rehabilitation.
Expectations of our ISS roles include community support of individual and groups of clients as well as facilitation of day and life skills programmes. The goal of our service is to provide clients with a sense of identity, self-confidence, and practical skills to lead successful lives within the community of their choice.
A full job description, please download from: https://ember.org.nz/careers or email email@example.com
- have a Certificate in Health and Wellbeing L4 or equivalent (could be working towards)
- a New Zealand full Driver’s License
- have experienced working with intellectual disability and complex behaviours
- have superb people skills, the right attitude, negotiation, problem solving skills and a willingness to learn.
- have proficient computer skills
- have a commitment to the treaty of Waitangi and culturally safe practice.
- have exceptional written and verbal communication skills and the ability to relate, adapt to and engage a wide spectrum of people with diverse backgrounds, ages, and cultures.
You will be:
- Providing individual support to clients with dual/intellectual disabilities (with high and complex needs).
- Facilitating the development of a range of skills that promote community participation and successful entry to the mainstream labour market.
- Identifying needs, setting goals, providing support, role-modelling, coaching and utilisation of demonstrable outcome measures.
- Facilitate the design, delivery and evaluation of quality programmes as well as the core ISS programmes that are run every term.
- Provide or coordinate one-on-one and/or group support and training that assists an individual with high and complex needs to develop interpersonal and pre-vocational skills that improves his/her quality of life and enables him/her to live within the community of choice.
- The work activities are of a physical nature and may involve active participation in sports and restrains of clients.
For more information about this job, please contact
Ember HR : 09 523 2790.