Provide Rehabilitation support to people with high and complex needs. Immediate start with flexible schedules available.
- High Profile service for the Ministry of Health
- Work in Partnership with people through a rehabilitation journey
- Are you willing to gain a qualification while you work?
- Do you want to make a career out of support people?
About The role
IDEA Services RIDSAS is looking for staff to work across both our secure and community-based services. We currently have full time and part time roles available within the RIDSAS Wellington ( Porirua and Kapiti) areas providing a high-quality rehabilitation service
We are looking for someone who:
- Is committed to providing the people we support with the life skills needed to integrate back into the community
- Can build strong relationships with the people they support and relevant community groups
- Capable to adapt to the changing needs and behaviours of the people we support and can respond appropriately.
- Has an unequivocal commitment to respecting the rights of people with an intellectual disability
- Values diversity and inclusion with an appreciation for how we integrate Kaupapa Maori into our daily working life.
What you need:
- A willingness to gain a National certificate in health and wellbeing Level 2
- A full New Zealand Drivers licence or ability to go for your full within 3 months
- A legal entitlement to work in New Zealand for at least 10 months.
- An adequate level of physical fitness
- Flexibility around the hours you work, shifts will include, morning, evenings, sleepovers and weekend, with the ability to work longer or start earlier if needed.
What we offer
- Hourly Pay rate of $20.50 -$25.50 depending on qualifications
- Specialist training including clinical supervision
- Generous long-service leave entitlements and Insurance benefit
- An insurance package that kicks in after two years of service
- Attractive discounts and exclusive eyecare packages through a leading optometrist
About IDEA Services - RIDSAS:
IDEA Services Regional Intellectual Disability Supported Accommodation Service (RIDSAS) is contracted by the Ministry of Health to provide a 24/7 supervised rehabilitation service that offers clinical support, vocational opportunities and life skills programmes for people with high and complex needs, who may have had contact with the justice system, and referred under the Intellectual Disability Compulsory Care & Rehabilitation Act (IDCC&R) (please click HERE for more information).
Our services are founded on IHC's utter commitment for people with intellectual disabilities to have a good life and to be valued contributors to and members of their own community. IDEA Services is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the IHC Group is made up of our charitable programmes and three wholly-owned subsidiaries, committed to supporting people with intellectual disabilities to lead satisfying lives in the community and to providing housing and tenancy services to people in need.
How to apply:
Please apply through the IHC careers website.
Please note as part of our recruitment process, if you are successful you will undertake a video interview with our National Recruitment Team. We will be conducting interviews through out the advertisement time.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa
IHC Group is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and actively seek a diverse applicant pool. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We welcome all kinds of diversity and the different perspectives such diversity brings to our work.
Applicants can direct enquiries about position to:
0800 WORK 4 IHC (0800 9675 4442)