Full and part time opportunities available!
You are reading this advert because you are looking for a career in the disability sector where you can help people make positive changes in their lives. You want to support their goals, dreams and ambitions, and promote independence through active support.
This is stimulating and meaningful work where you can be creative and make every day interesting in ways that are important to others. Part of your day may include showering, administering medication, and dealing with challenging behaviour, but the rewards are amazing. Every day is different, and you need to have a flexible approach with the right attitude.
So why apply for this role? Well, this is not your typical desk job. Here you will be able to make a difference in other people's lives by empowering them to achieve their day-to-day goals and participate in daily activities - things that we often take for granted.
That is an awesome thing to be able to do.
What's on offer?
- Opportunities to build your long-term career in the disability sector
- Salary based on qualifications with a clear salary progression as you learn
- Ongoing support to achieve your National certificates in Health and Wellbeing
- Generous long-service leave entitlements plus insurance benefits after 2 years' service
- 'Refer a friend' Bonus programme
- FREE Employee Assistance programme service anytime you need health and wellbeing support
- $21.84- $27.43 per hour depending on relevant qualifications, with the ability to earn more as you gain qualifications
What will you bring?
- A 'can-do attitude' with loads of energy
- Resilience and perseverance
- The willingness to learn
- Ideally some experience in the disability sector but not necessary as full training and orientation will be provided
- Flexibility to work across a rotating fortnightly roster, including weekends and awake night shifts
- Have a Full NZ drivers' licence or be able to gain it within 3 months
- Pass a full New Zealand Police check
- Must have the legal right to work in New Zealand.
IDEA Services is New Zealand's largest provider of services to people with intellectual disabilities. We support adults of all ages to live in their own homes and enjoy life as a member of their community. Our services are founded on IHC's absolute commitment to the people we support and their families/whanau to have a good life. IDEA Services is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the IHC Group which is made up of our charitable programmes and three wholly-owned subsidiaries, including the provision of housing and tenancy services.
You must be able to provide proof of your full vaccination (two doses received) against COVID-19, or proof of having received at least one dose and of having made arrangements for a second dose to be received before 1 January 2022, as mandated by government. If you have a valid exemption from vaccination, we will consider that against the requirements of the role applied for and our operational environment.