Applications close 12 July 2019
At IHC the people we support are at the centre of what we do and making sure they lead fulfilling lives both in their own homes and in the community is a key focus.
We are focused on providing the right support for our staff. We are currently on the search for skilled and experienced support workers in the Tauranga area.
In your role, you will be:
- Teaching people to grow and achieve greater independence
- Supporting people to live a healthy lifestyle
- Building and maintaining relationships
- Making sure they learn other skills that support them to be part of their community
- Having a desire to learn new skills and gain some qualifications while you work
- Able to work across a 7 day a week 24/7 roster (including weekends, evenings and sleepovers)
- Eligible to work in New Zealand for at least 10 months
- Have your Full NZ drivers licence or be able to gain this within 3 months
- Able to pass a police vetting
Staff benefits include:
- Pay rates from $19.80 - $24.50
- Support to achieve the Level 2 New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (a minimum qualification requirement for a Support Worker)
- The opportunity to gain further qualifications by enrolling in the Level 3 New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing
- Generous long-service leave entitlements and Insurance benefit
- An insurance package that kicks in after two years of service
- Attractive discounts and exclusive eyecare packages through a leading optometrist
- Special discounts through leading technology retailers and fitness centres
- A collaborative and inclusive culture with flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing
We are proud of what we do and how we do it. Join us and you can be rest assured that when you're asked what you do, you can answer "I'm proud to be a Support Worker".
IHC is committed to building a strong and diverse workforce and actively seek a diverse applicant pool.
If you are looking for a role where no two days are the same and helping someone is your passion. If you have always wanted to work and support people in your community then apply now !
Applicants can direct enquiries about position to:
the National Recruitment Team
0800WORK4IHC (0800 96754442)