He kōrero mō mātou | About Us
Emerge Aotearoa is a committed Tangata Tiriti organisation and a national provider of mental health, addiction, disability, correction services, well-being, and housing services. We're a not-for-profit organisation employing 1300 kaimahi and providing services across New Zealand. The core values of the organisation are based on Māori concepts Whakawhanaunga, Manaakitanga, Ako and Whakamana.
We're running a Group Assessment in Hamilton on the 2nd of June 2022, so you will have the opportunity to learn more about our organisation, meet your potential co-workers, and find out more about the roles. You'll be considered on the day for all of the below roles so, if you're interested in any of them, definitely hit apply below!
He kōrero mō te tūranga | The Roles
We have a variety of full-time, part-time, and fixed-term opportunities for the following positions:
- Community Support Workers - Support our whaiora on their journey to wellbeing, by supporting them in achieving their milestones and helping them to become more independent in the community.
- Residential Support Workers - Walk alongside Tangata Whaiora and make them feel at home. You will provide them with support in many areas, including with their recovery, to live as independently as possible, connect them with their community and whānau, and to set and achieve their goals.
- Housing Navigators - Provide support from within our Emergency Housing service by focusing on housing and connecting whānau within the community. You will be guiding tenants through the Ministry of Social Development system, and health and education services.
He kōrero mōu | About You
You'll be a people person who is comfortable working with all ages, personalities, and cultures. Each new day can bring new challenges. We'd love to hear from you if you can provide structure and consistency while being compassionate, open-minded, and flexible.
We're looking for people who have:
- A full New Zealand driver's licence so you can drive Tāngata Whaiora to appointments related to their goals
- A relevant qualification, previous industry experience, or a passion to see people succeed
- The ability to see the best in people and thrive within a challenging and ever-changing environment
- Effective, appropriate, and engaging communication, both written and verbal, using strength-based language
- A warm and caring attitude who genuinely wants to make a difference in other people's lives
Ko tā mātou mahi | We offer
- Learning, development, and training opportunities, inclusive of 5-10 paid study leave days
- Great staff benefits, including store discounts, and 3 days of wellbeing leave
- Fun events and activities with the team and the residents
- A supportive manager, and a team who celebrates success
While we are passionate about creating a diverse and inclusive organisation, we are unable to consider applications from anyone who does not currently have the right to legally work in Aotearoa.
Please note: In response to the indicated extension of the Covid-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021 as well as the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination for this role including booster dose(s) if eligible.