- Our vision is Tautokohia te mana tangata, Realising potential
- Our purpose is whakapakari ngatahi I te whanau kia puawai te hapori, to strengthen whanau together, so that communities thrive
- Our Organisation offers many development opportunities, with values that define all that we do
Emerge Aotearoa is a social services organisation providing a range of services to whānau, including Health and Disability, Youth and Emergency Housing. Our kaimahi all have a common goal - helping people realise their potential with the aim of supporting people to live their best life as independently as possible.
About the role:
Providing support from within our Emergency Housing service, this role is focused on providing practical support to people to retain their tenancies and work through any issues that may be impacting the tenancy. This may include accessing health and education services, improving the relationship with the landlord, supporting whānau to reconnect with their wider community and ultimately sustain their tenancy.
Ideally you will have experience working within the mental health or housing sector and be linked with agencies throughout the Napier community to support whānau for the best outcome possible.
This is a permanent fulltime position (40 hours per week), working Monday to Friday between 8.00am and 8.00pm.
Duties of the role could include:
- Develop a whānau-led goal plan and that it is about the client developing the skills required to sustain the tenancy.
- Work closely with tenancy managers and landlords to identify solutions and offer support to ensure client is able to keep their tenancies
- Coordinating with your colleagues in tandem to support whānau through their journey
- Supporting whānau with their goals and daily tasks
- Liaising and researching other appropriate organisations in the Napier community
- Conducting and writing assessments and support letters
- Responding to urgent matters and ensuring safety concerns are addressed
- Providing support at meetings
What you need:
- Knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act, especially an understanding of issues that can lead to a breach or put a housing tenancy at risk
- It's desirable that you'll have a level 4 or 5 qualification in Mental Health and Addiction or Social Services
- Be culturally responsive and non-judgemental
- See potential in people and thrive in a challenging and ever changing environment
- Have the ability to easily build professional relationships with people
- Full NZ drivers licence
- Resilience, with strong personal and professional boundaries
- A decisive and confident approach to many challenges you will face
In return we offer:
- An organisation that lives by its values
- Employment in a national organisation with multiple service streams offering opportunities to professionally grow
- A dynamic and caring team, team meetings and supervision to ensure you are keeping well and properly supported in the workplace
- Opportunity for great job satisfaction, you will be improving someone's quality of life by helping them to realise their potential
- Staff benefits, store discounts, discounted health insurance, use of fleet vehicles, free counselling
How to apply:
To apply for this role please visit our careers site careers.emergeaotearoa.org.nz and register your details - This role will be advertised until filled.
If you are interested in joining an organisation who is passionate about making a positive difference in your community we would love to hear from you. Apply today.
Join the Emerge Aotearoa whānau; we're inclusive and we celebrate diversity as an organisation
Realising potential - Tautokohia te mana tangata