E ngā mana, e ngā reo, Rangatira ma, tenei te panui ake i tenei Turanga, kua tu wātea mai hei kaimahi Māori mo Waitematā DHB. Tona taitara he: Taurawhiri
Mason Clinic Prison Team
Auckland Regional Forensic Psychiatry Services
Permanent / Full Time position
Ko wai mātou: Who we are
Waitematā DHB acknowledge the way we plan and make decisions and deliver services every day is based on our values of everyone matters; with compassion; better, best, brilliant and connected.
The Mason Clinic’s vision, mission and values are inclusive; founded on a therapeutic commitment to patients, whānau and the community. Mason Clinic is a secure unit, located in Point Chevalier and provides integrated forensic mental health services to the northern region’s courts, prisons and general mental health services
The service catchment area for general mental illness is from the Bombay Hills to the top of the North. Offenders with an intellectual disability catchment are from Taupō to the top of the North Island.
This position is with our Prison services team and supports Tangata whai i te ora situated within the ARFPS Prisons.
He angitūtanga: The opportunity
The role will include:
· Provide Tikanga Māori cultural assessments to support an appropriate treatment pathway for Māori Tangata whai i te ora on the Forensic Prison Service caseload
· Identify and facilitate integrated cultural interventions including Kaupapa Māori models of care to service tangata whai I te ora on the Forensic Prison Service caseload.
· Facilitate Kaupapa Māori pathways for tangata whai I te ora entering Regional Forensic Psychiatry Services, Mason Clinic
Ngā He korero mōu: What we are looking for
To ensure service delivery and outcomes are meet you will need;
· Fluency in Te Reo Māori me ōna Tikanga
· Strong understanding of the importance of and meaning of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
· Knowledge of Māori Health models
· Experience in working with tangata whai ora
· Knowledge and practice of working with Māori whānau, iwi, hapū
· Proficiency in Mātauranga Maori
If this sounds like you we welcome your application.
To view a copy of the Position Description click here