We have an exciting part time opportunity for an experienced Peer Support Worker to lead the team at Haven.
Haven is a joint venture delivered by Odyssey, Lifewise, and Mind & Body Services, and operates from Friday nights to Sunday nights inside the Merge Café on K Road. Haven staff are on hand to provide a safe drop in space, peer support and encourage hope for recovery. The team have a variety of lived experience including addiction, mental health challenges and homelessness.
You will be responsible for providing leadership, guidance and support to the Haven team, and role model best practice. You will feel confident navigating rosters, maintaining relationships with key stakeholders and finding creative ways to problem solve.
Our ideal candidate will have:
· A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a peer-based role
· Lived experience of a recovery journey
· Completed relevant training e.g. DHB approved Peer Support training
· Relevant qualification (L4/L5) e.g. Mental Health & Care Certificate, Addictions Certificate
· Knowledge/awareness of alcohol and other drug treatment and recovery principles
· Understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi and application of principles to this role
· Full current New Zealand driver’s licence
In return we offer:
· A competitive salary and benefits based on new remuneration bands.
· Professional and career development opportunities.
· A dynamic and supportive team who are passionate about what they do.
Odyssey has supported thousands of New Zealanders whose lives are affected by alcohol, drug or other addiction challenges. We wholeheartedly believe that everyone living in New Zealand should have the opportunity to live life to the fullest, to feel hopeful about their future and to have meaningful relationships with friends and whānau.
To apply, please send us your CV and a cover letter and complete the additional information questionnaire online.
For all enquiries, please contact Jared Johanson on 021929361
We particularly encourage applications from Māori and Pasifika candidates.
Closing date: Wednesday 3rd November 2021
Please note that police and Ministry of Social Development clearance checks are required for this role.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.