We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic person to lead our Adult Community Mental Health and Addictions North sector team based at Tauranga Hospital.
The successful candidate will be an exceptional individual who is able to utilise their leadership abilities, experience, passion, dedication and clinical skills to support the team to deliver an excellent level of care to Whaiora, their family and whānau in the Western Bay of Plenty.
You will work collaboratively with community-based NGO’s, the PHO, and a range of other stakeholders to improve integration between sectors and ensure Whaiora remain at the centre of all we do.
You will lead a team of over 20 clinicians and support the development of the workforce to be initiative, visionary, flexible and deliver the highest standard of care possible.
This is a permanent, full-time position.
- Have previous leadership and operational management experience or a passion to develop it?
- Have dedication to working in partnership to honour Te Tiriti o Waitangi?
- Have the ability to think outside the square, be creative and come up with solutions?
- Have the ability to inspire a team and to be a centre of excellence?
- Have postgraduate experience in Mental Health? (If you are a Nurse you also need to have Mental Health in your Scope of Practice)
- Have exceptional communication skills with the ability to support a team of dedicated professionals and develop strong relationships with stakeholders?
- Have a passion for utilising the individual skills and attributes of your team to create a work environment that fosters collaboration, recognition and resilience?
- Want to make sure clients and their whānau/families are at the centre of care – ensuring safe and culturally effective practice is maintained?
Are you looking for:
- The opportunity to make an impact in excellent service delivery?
- The opportunity to use your management and leadership skills/experience to lead an exciting team?
Then this is the opportunity for you!
If you want to know more then give Pippa Lee – Service Manager, a call on 0273116914 or apply now.
Please click here to view the Registered Nurse position description.
Please click here to view the Registered Health Professional position description.
The Bay of Plenty District Health Board has an innovative culture where staff share the principles of Compassion, All-One-Team, Responsive and Excellence in their daily work. The successful applicant will have to provide evidence they are compassionate, team spirited, responsive to needs and with an attitude of always striving for excellence.
The BOPDHB are committed to improving Māori health outcomes and achieving health equity for Māori through Te Tiriti o Waitangi obligations. It is essential you demonstrate an awareness of Māori indigenous rights and current issues in relation to health and health equity.
Following the update to COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021, to be employed with Bay of Plenty DHB you will be required to be fully vaccinated as a health care worker. Evidence of your vaccination status will be required at offer stage. If you do not meet this criteria, we are unable to progress your application.
All applications are to be made online.