· Passionate about supporting people to live their dreams?
· Would you like to work with sector leaders to deliver housing solutions?
· Based in Tokoroa and Kirikiriroa/Hamilton
Inspire and lead a team that provide housing solutions for the people we support in the Waikato.
LinkPeople works with the most vulnerable members of our communities to access permanent, safe and affordable housing and links them to the health and social services they need to live well. We work together with a number of key organisations as part of a community-wide approach to end homelessness. We are looking for a great people manager with a passion for wellness and recovery, to support and lead a dedicated team.
The Role/ Te Tuunga
This is a full-time position working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8.30 am to 5.00pm. This role will be based in both our Tokoroa office and our Kirikiriroa/ Hamilton office and involve working across Kirikiriroa/Hamilton and Central and South Waikato.
Joining a highly skilled and passionate team that shares a strong sense of social justice, you’ll work in partnership with other agencies, who are working in the housing and health space, to support people who access mental health and addiction services. In this role, there will also be a focus on creating and building strong relationships within rural communities. You will lead a team who work alongside people who have housing needs and require support to achieve housing stability. You’ll work within a housing first philosophy while also ensuring we meet the outcomes and expectations of our stakeholders and partners.
You will lead the Ahikāroa housing team which:
· Receives and processes referrals for housing from the mental health and addiction services in the Waikato
· Works alongside people to identify housing needs and supports them to access housing options
· Reviews housing needs for people in residential recovery services, supporting transition into independent, permanent housing
· Supports people to sustain their housing to prevent homelessness an remain well.
The Ahikāroa service has a strong focus on transition, recovery and wellness that empowers tāngata whai ora and whānau to build the capacity to self-manage.
This is a people-focused role where your approachability, responsiveness and genuinely caring personality will shine. You’ll seek opportunities to engage staff through effective coaching and ongoing development while creating a positive team culture where achievements are celebrated, and people are valued.
You/ Oū Pukenga
We’re looking for an exceptional people leader with a relevant qualification in mental health and leadership. A confident communicator and relationship builder, you’ll quickly build credibility while showcasing your sound problem solving and conflict resolution skills. Your ability to work at pace and flourish under pressure will be complemented by excellent attention to detail and proficiency in record keeping. You’ll have knowledge of and demonstrate utmost commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi principles and working with Māori. Proven skills and experience in leading successful projects or initiatives are preferred.
Our dedicated team will thrive under your leadership, as you harness their talents in linking people to housing and other support options that meet their needs.
The selection criteria for this role:
• Previous leadership or management experience
• An understanding of the mental health system and sector within the Waikato region, including the NGO and community sector
• Proven ability and experience in inspiring and leading a team effectively
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Ability to develop and sustain positive relationships across a range of networks and stakeholders
• Problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
• Understanding and applying principles of wellness and recovery
• Excellent attention to detail
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
• Knowledge of Te Tiriti o Waitangi principles
• Full New Zealand driver licence
The Benefits/ Ngā Ahuatanga Pai
In this role, you can look forward to flexible work arrangements, extra leave, subsidies for school holiday childcare and a great team around you every day working in an organisation that believes in its purpose. Be part of a supportive work environment where life balance is encouraged, people are valued and new solutions are the norm!
Ready to lead the team that’s going to change lives for the better? Then apply now via this link
Closing Date: Monday 2nd August 2021. Please note this advert may close if a suitable candidate is found prior to the closing date.
Position Description: https://www.wisegroup.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/LP_Team-leader.pdf
Contact: Vandna Stringer, Regional Manager, on 027 297 3017
For further information, visit our website www.linkpeople.co.nz
**All new appointees require background checking. Under the requirements of the Children's Act 2014, new employees that are identified as coming under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process.