Where you’ll be working: Community Mental Health, 19 London Street, Hamilton – Central North Sector
The details: Permanent – 80 hours per fortnight
Are you looking for your next great career move?
About the service:
The mental health and addictions service deliver a variety of services across the Waikato region. We are a service undertaking a huge programme of change to deliver better outcomes to tāngata whai ora and whānau in our region. Nga iwi Ngakaunui - people at the heart is demonstrated best in mental health and addictions, people really are at the heart of all that we do. We know how important strong relationships are; with people who access our services, with their whānau and with the communities we serve.
About the role:
We are seeking someone to lead our large multidisciplinary central north sector community mental health team currently based at He Toa Takitini (193 London St).
Required skills & experience:
- Has a passion for working in the mental health and addictions sector
- Leadership and management skills
- Self-management capabilities. Self-motivated and highly organised
- The ability to embrace and lead change whilst ensuring business as usual service delivery is not unduly affected
- A focus on continuous quality improvement
- Works effectively within a team
- Commitment to ensure Treaty of Waitangi principles are meaningfully embedded within service delivery.
- Can work autonomously and lead a seamless service that supports excellence in service delivery and positive outcomes for tangata whaiora and their whanau.
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
Waikato is the fourth largest region in New Zealand and located just south of Auckland. It features a wide range of world-class outdoor and cultural experiences. You can surf the world-famous beaches of Raglan, swim at the beautiful beaches of the Coromandel, hike our majestic mountain ranges, tour the Hobbiton shire, experience the magic of the Waitomo glowworm caves, and encounter a vast array of flora and fauna at the remarkable Maungatautari Ecological Reserve.
Situated on the banks of the mighty Waikato River, Hamilton is New Zealand’s largest metropolitan inland city. Hamilton’s vibrant city centre and rich cultural mix makes it an ideal place to experience the authentic friendly Kiwi lifestyle.
If you believe you have the energy, enthusiasm and professional qualities to lead this team forward then we would like to hear from you!
Please apply directly online, applications are not able to be accepted via email.
For any queries about the role please contact Nicki Barlow (Operations Manager) on 021 224 9365.
Application closing date: 9 July 2021
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
- Give and earn respect - Whakamana
- Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
- Fair play – Mauri Pai
- Growing the good – Whakapakari
- Stronger together – Kotahitanga