· Passionate about supporting people to sustain their housing?
· Looking for a supportive and dynamic organisation that lives its values?
· Work with sector leaders to deliver housing solutions across Waikato
Inspire and lead a team that provide tenancy and property management for the people we support in the Waikato.
LinkPeople works with the most vulnerable members of our communities to access permanent, safe and affordable housing and links them to the health and social services they need to live well. We work together with a number of key organisations as part of a community-wide approach to end homelessness. We are looking for a great people manager with a passion for wellness and recovery, to support and lead a dedicated team.
The Role/ Te Tuunga
This is a full-time position working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8.30 am to 5.00pm. This role will be based in Kirikiriroa/ Hamilton office and involve travel across Waikato.
Joining a highly skilled and passionate organisation that shares a strong sense of social justice, you’ll work in partnership with other agencies and LinkPeople teams, who are working in the housing and health space. You will lead the Waikato tenancy team which provides supportive tenancy management to the people accessing and living in our social housing. In this role, there will be a focus on creating and maintaining strong relationships with landlords, supporting people to sustain their tenancies and overseeing the property management of the growing portfolio of properties across the Waikato region.
You will lead a team who:
· Complete the necessary tenancy documentation to initiate, maintain and end a tenancy under RTA guidelines
· Maintains the ongoing condition of our housing, through regular inspections and coordination of repairs
· Maintains great working relationships with landlords, property owners and tenants
· Work in a supportive and trauma informed way with the people we support, to manage properties
This is a people-focused role where your approachability, responsiveness and genuinely caring personality will shine. You’ll seek opportunities to engage staff through effective coaching and ongoing development while creating a positive team culture where achievements are celebrated, and people are valued.
You/ Oū Pukenga
We’re looking for an exceptional people leader who is a confident communicator and relationship builder. You’ll quickly build credibility while showcasing your sound problem solving and conflict resolution skills. Your ability to work at pace and flourish under pressure will be complemented by excellent attention to detail and proficiency in record keeping. You’ll have knowledge of and demonstrate utmost commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi principles and working with Māori. Proven skills and experience in leading successful projects or initiatives are preferred.
Our dedicated team will thrive under your leadership, as you harness their talents in linking people to housing and other support options that meet their needs.
The selection criteria for this role:
• Proven ability and experience in inspiring and leading a team effectively
• Relevant qualification in property management and leadership preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Ability to develop and sustain positive relationships across a range of networks and stakeholders
• Problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
• Understanding and applying principles of wellness and recovery
• Excellent attention to detail
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
• Knowledge of Te Tiriti o Waitangi principles
• Full New Zealand driver licence
The Benefits/ Ngā Ahuatanga Pai
In this role, you can look forward to flexible work arrangements, extra leave, subsidies for school holiday childcare and a great team around you every day working in an organisation that believes in its purpose. Be part of a supportive work environment where life balance is encouraged, people are valued and new solutions are the norm!
Ready to lead the team that’s going to change lives for the better? Then apply now.
Closing Date: Monday 30th August 2021. Please note this advert may close if a suitable candidate is found prior to the closing date.
Position Description: https://www.wisegroup.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/LP-_-Team-leader-Tenancy.pdf
Contact: Vandna Stringer, Regional Manager, on 027 297 3017
For further information, visit our website www.linkpeople.co.nz
**All new appointees require background checking. Under the requirements of the Children's Act 2014, new employees that are identified as coming under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process.