- Full time, Monday to Friday – 8.30am to 5.00pm, based in Hamilton East
- Are you passionate about supporting people to live their dreams?
- Join us and bring your personality, commitment, compassion and great ideas!
We’re looking for a person who’s passionate about helping ending homelessness in our community. Someone who is willing to help restore people to independent living.
In this role you will provide specialist tenancy and asset management for LinkPeople’s social housing portfolio. This role involves managing tenancies in accordance with the Residential Tenancies Act 1986 and as a Social Landlord under the guidelines of the Community Housing Regulatory Authority.
This is a full-time position, working Monday to Friday – 8.30am to 5.00pm, and based in Hamilton East.
This role will ensure matching applicant needs to available housing options and maintaining their tenancies once applicants have been housed appropriately. The responsibilities will also include completing documentation and RTA compliance requirements, monitoring and following up on rent and other liable payments. Also ensuring that tenants are aware and adhering to the Residential Tenancy Act 1986. Making sure that tenancies are well maintained and all repairs are delivered in a cost- effective and timely manner.
LinkPeople works with the most vulnerable members of our communities to provide access to safe, affordable accommodation and link them to the health and social services they need to live a fulfilling life. Our goal is to rapidly, permanently house individuals and families who would otherwise use emergency accommodation or be without shelter.
You’ll be reporting to the Housing Team Leader and joining a team of housing workers - all with a common purpose and passion to support people to live their dreams
We are particularly interested to hear from candidates who have a background in housing with property management, administration and strong cross team collaboration experience.
- Applicants must hold the New Zealand Certificate in Residential Property Management or a recognised equivalent. Alternatively, you will commence study towards this within six months of starting your employment with LinkPeople. This needs to be completed within six months of starting your employment. LinkPeople offers significant support for Tenancy Managers to complete this study.
- You’ll have the ability to work effectively and proactively across multiple teams both internally and externally to support our most vulnerable in the community in a tenancy setting
- Knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act 1986
- Knowledge of Knowledge of Te Tiriti o Waitangi / The Treaty of Waitangi principles and Te Ao Māori
- Full New Zealand driver’s licence
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
You will also;
- Be culturally attuned and have a strong sense of social justice
- Problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team and flourish under pressure
- Time management and being able to deliver outcomes to deadlines
- Positive and proactive approach to work
In this role, you can look forward to flexible work arrangements, extra leave, subsidies for school holiday childcare and a great team around you every day working in an organisation that believes in its’ purpose. Be part of a supportive work environment where life balance is encouraged, people are valued, and new solutions are the norm!
Ready to take a closer look at the LinkPeople? Then apply now.
Closing Date: Sunday 1st August 2021. This role may close earlier if a suitable candidate is found.
Position Description: https://www.wisegroup.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/LP-Tenancy-Manager-2021-003.pdf
Contact: Mark Patchett, Team Leader Properties on 07 857 1564 or Mark.Patchett@linkpeople.co.nz if you have any questions.
For further information, visit our website www.linkpeople.co.nz
**All new appointees require background checking. Under the requirements of the Children's Act 2014, new employees that are identified as coming under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process.