- Our vision is Tautokohia te mana tangata, Realising potential
- Our purpose is whakapakari ngatahi I te whanau kia puawai te hapori, to strengthen whanau together, so that communities thrive
- Our Organisation offers many development opportunities, with values that define all that we do
Emerge Aotearoa is a social services organisation providing a range of services to whānau, including Health and Disability, Youth and Emergency Housing. Our kaimahi all have a common goal - helping people realise their potential with the aim of supporting people to live their best life as independently as possible.
About the role
Providing support from within our Transitional Housing service, this role is focused on housing and connecting whānau with the community. You will be focused on guiding tenants through the Ministry of Social Development system, health and education services where required, to enable whānau to reconnect by using your community connections to become involved in the wider community.
Ideally you will have experience working within the mental health/Addictions and/or social service sector and be linked with agencies throughout the Wellington/Hutt Valley community to support whānau for the best outcome possible.
This is a full-time permanent position, working Monday to Friday between 8.00am and 8.00pm (40 hours per week)
Duties of the role could include:
- Coordinating with your colleagues in tandem to support whānau through their journey
- Supporting whānau with their goals and long-term sustainable housing options
- Liaising with appropriate social service agencies and Government departments.
- Conducting comprehensive assessments and risk management
- Connecting whanau with social service agencies that support their goals.
What you need:
- It's desirable that you'll have a level 4 or 5 qualification in Mental Health and Addiction or Social Services (or working towards this)
- Be culturally responsive and non-judgemental
- See potential in people and thrive in a challenging and ever changing environment
- Have the ability to easily build professional relationships with people
- Full NZ drivers licence
- Resilience, with strong personal and professional boundaries
- A decisive and confident approach to many challenges you will face
In return we offer:
- An organisation that lives by its values
- Employment in a national organisation with multiple service streams offering opportunities to professionally grow
- A dynamic and caring team, team meetings and supervision to ensure you are keeping well and properly supported in the workplace
- Opportunity for great job satisfaction, you will be improving someone's quality of life by helping them to realise their potential
- Staff benefits, store discounts, discounted health insurance, use of fleet vehicles, free counselling
How to apply:
To apply for this role please visit our careers site careers.emergeaotearoa.org.nz and register your details - This role will be advertised until filled.
If you are interested in joining an organisation who is passionate about making a positive difference in your community we would love to hear from you. Apply today.
Join the Emerge Aotearoa whānau; we're inclusive and we celebrate diversity as an organisation
Realising potential - Tautokohia te mana tangata