Stepping Stone Trust (SST) has 2 permanent full-time RN positions to deliver clinical expertise and leadership in our residential services providing for people with enduring mental health issues.
1. Team Leader to our Adult supported accommodation houses
2. RN at our Adult Crisis Respite service.
SST is a faith based charitable trust whose services now reach over 500 people in the Canterbury region. Go to https://stepstone.org.nz/#Home
The Team Leader RN will have:
1. A current New Zealand APC with at least 3 years working as an RN
2. Experience leading unregistered staff
3. A background working with people with enduring mental health issues
4. Competence using electronic patient management system
5. Flexibility and adaptability to provide services to a range of people at a range of locations
6. A current New Zealand full drivers’ license.
This position is a step into management supporting and working with an experienced Service Manager. Hours and days are negotiable but will be based 0830 – 1700 weekdays with a shared roster of a weekend day and on-call.
The RN to work in our Adult Crisis Respite service will:
1. Hold a New Zealand RN APC and full drivers’ license
2. Provide clinical leadership and decision making
3. Provide support to and direct unregistered staff
4. Complete risk assessment of referred people and develop a plan for brief intervention.
This role is ideal for a junior RN to gain experience and to work with those with enduring mental health issues who are currently experiencing distress and crisis. The unit has 13 beds for stays usually 3 – 5 nights. The roster pattern is negotiable but is based on a 10-hour shift 9.30am – 8pm working 4 days per week. Shared weekend shifts and on-call are a requirement.
This position is supported by the unit experienced RN Team Leader.
For more information including job description please contact firstname.lastname@example.org