Wellness Advisor. It starts with you….
- Based in Waikato
About the role
NZ Police provide Wellness Support Services to Police staff through our team of Wellness Advisors who are based in Policing Districts across the country.
If you have a strong background in[TK1] case management and are a Registered Social Worker, Nurse or Occupational Therapist or Counsellor with relevant professional body membership, experience in mental health and are looking for change and a challenge then apply to work as part of our team of NZ Police Wellness Advisors.
NZ Police Wellness Advisors provide a variety of services to our Police staff including activities and interventions to minimise the impact of trauma and build resilience. The role includes:
- Provision of psychosocial assessment and brief interventions
- Screening for the impact of trauma
- Completing referrals, as needed to NZ police contracted psychologists, under our Police Trauma Support policy
- Carrying out a variety of tasks designed to promote or support psychological wellbeing in the workplace
- Providing psychological first aid to Police staff who attend critical incidents
- Building resilience through education to adults as individuals and groups
What you’ll bring
Being part of the Police whānau is about being our best to ensure our communities are safe and feel safe. Our Core Competencies provide a shared understanding of the behaviours, leadership and technical competence required for success at each level of Police. Whilst we are looking for skills, knowledge and experience relevant to the role, we also place high importance on your state of mind, the alignment of your values with ours, your ability to contribute to and build high performing teams, and the way that you lead yourself or others. You will;
- Have a strong background in case management and risk assessment
- Have high levels of personal and professional agility and the ability to be calm under pressure
- Have the ability to integrate trauma informed care principles into everyday activities
- Have an understanding of adult education and confidence in group settings
- Be able to work autonomously
- Be a team player with a good sense of humour
- Professional qualification (Social Work, Mental Health Nurse, Occupational Therapist or counselling)
- Must have current registration and practicing certificate and /or professional body membership where required
- Must have a minimum of 5 years post grad clinical experience
- Must reside in the Waikato area
- Full time, 40 hours per week
- NZ Police pays for your annual practicing certificate, a standby allowance for on call, allowances if travelling overnight and monthly external professional supervision
- Your team is dispersed throughout the Upper North Police Districts. You will need to be available to travel within your District (a vehicle is provided) and on occasion travel outside of your District may be required.
- An orientation will be provided along with ongoing peer support.
- Your Team Leader is based in Auckland so being comfortable with remote management and using technology to join with meetings (or being willing to learn) is essential
- Applicants must be a NZ or Australian citizen, or a Permanent NZ resident to apply for this position
This role is set at Individual Contributor level, this means your key purpose is “to deliver or enable others to deliver Our Business”.
We will ask you questions based on “How we will deliver Our Business – Core Competencies” and the appropriate role level, i.e. Individual Contributor.
For more information on Our Core Competencies, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/sites/default/files/publications/core-competencies-how-we-will-deliver-our-business.pdf
These questions will be unique and specific to the role, focusing on the aspects the hiring manager believes are most important for that position at the time.
For more information on Our Values, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/sites/default/files/publications/nzp-our-values.pdf
To view the position description for this role please copy and paste this link into a new browser: https://www.police.govt.nz/sites/default/files/pd/06-2021/wellness_advisor.pdf
Our mission is to prevent crime and harm through exceptional policing. Our vision is to be the safest country. Our purpose is to ensure everybody can be safe and feel safe.
Your wellbeing inside and outside of work is important to us. We’re open to discussing flexible working options that work for both you and the business.
For more information on the above, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/careers
How to apply
Please note: Applications submitted directly through the Government Jobs Website are no longer considered. Please visit our Police Careers page: https://career10.successfactors.com/career?company=nzpolice to apply for this position.
If this position sounds like you, click apply now. You will be required to submit an application form and a CV. Before confirmation of hire, pre-employment checks will be undertaken. For further information on the application process, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/careers
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact Jessica.Harris@police.govt.nz
Applications close 5pm, Friday 2nd July 2021