Are you a dynamic, energetic person with a lived experience of mental distress? Do you have initiative and passion for helping people and the ability to coordinate and lead our team?
Stepping Stone Trust has a Planned Wellness Respite service which offers people who experience mental distress a place to recharge.
This service operates out of a beautiful retreat-like home on Penruddock Rise, Westmorland. We use the Intentional Peer Support model focusing on developing a recovery community which moves people towards full citizenship.
We need an experienced coordinator to work in and run the service.
We are looking for someone who will:
- Further develop and market the service
- Build a recovery community
- Manage the referrals and the day to day running of the house including achieving housework tasks
- Develop and run a daily/weekly programme for the people who use the service
- Work alongside and develop the staff team
- Manage the compliance tasks for the service.
This will require:
- Energy, initiative and resourcefulness
- A heart for people
- Good time and home management skills
- An understanding of the Intentional Peer Support model, the Power Threat Meaning Framework, recovery capital, peer principles and social determinants of mental health (or a willingness to learn)
- A lived experience of mental distress and a connection to the wider recovery community
- Embracing diversity.
This role requires excellent people engagement, good verbal and written communication skills, computer skills, sound time management and the ability to prioritise tasks.
This is a 40 hour per week (1.0 FTE) role, with flexible working hours, including some weekends.
It is vital that you are able to align to the vision, mission and core values of Stepping Stone Trust, as outlined on our website - www.stepstone.org.nz