Odyssey has supported thousands of New Zealanders whose lives are affected by alcohol, drug or other addiction challenges. We wholeheartedly believe that everyone living in New Zealand should have the opportunity to live life to the fullest, to feel hopeful about their future and to have meaningful relationships with friends and whānau.
We create hopeful and safe spaces for change with opportunities to reflect; learn and connect so that people can move towards a brighter future.
This programme takes a developmental approach to engaging with young people whose lives are influenced by alcohol and other drugs. You will be a motivator for positive change and will work in secondary schools with young people to support them to identify their own goals for being involved in the programme.
The successful candidate will have:
· Proven skills and experience in the management and treatment of clients/tangata whaiora/rangatahi and their family/whanau in a health-related setting
· Level 7 qualification (degree level) in a relevant area e.g. Bachelors in AOD, Health Science, Nursing, Psychology
· A registered DAPAANZ Practitioner (or working towards this with a structured pathway) or social work/HPCA act registration status.
· Knowledge and interest in the philosophy of the organisation and its therapeutic models of care
· Commitment to achieving and maintaining high quality standards
· Experience of working in the social services, addictions and/or mental health sectors
· Experience and expertise in using Microsoft suite applications
· High regard for confidentiality and security, including client information
· Understanding of and interest in Odyssey’s work
· Understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi and how it applies to own professional practice
· Motivational Interviewing, Clinical Assessment and Risk Management Expertise
· Knowledge of Te Reo and/or Tikanga Maori is desirable
· Has a full and valid New Zealand driver’s licence
You will be part of a lively team of youth practitioners, with great passion for engaging with young people on their level and supporting them to uncover their potential. You will be supported to work with our clients through on-going professional development and clinical supervision sessions.
In addition, you will facilitate group and individual interventions to support young people to work towards their goals.
Maturity, reliability, honesty and common sense are essential.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please also note that Police and Ministry of Social Development clearance checks will be required for this role.
All applicants should include a CV, cover letter and complete the online registration and application forms. For all enquiries please contact Ula Mochocka on 09 6384957 Ext. 727.
Closing date: 7th April 2021