The successful applicant for this Youth Practitioner role at our Youth Residential service will be working with 13 to 17 year olds, who present with a wide variety of physical, mental, emotional and social issues. You will identify obstacles preventing our young people from reaching their potential, develop treatment plans and collaboratively guide young people to holistic wellness using a modified Therapeutic Community Model.
We offer you:
- A competitive salary based on our updated remuneration bands
- 22 days of annual leave
- Paid meal breaks
- 5 days of paid study leave per annum
- Learning and development opportunities
- A dynamic and supportive team who are passionate about what we do
- A healthy work environment which is smoke free
The role involves therapeutically working alongside young people in every aspect of their day to day life. This includes group work, organising structured activities, one to one counselling and actively ensuring adherence to the planned schedules.
Please note that Youth Practitioner roles at the Youth Residential service involve rostered shift work including evenings and these positions require people to work some weekend shifts.
People nearing the end of completing a relevant degree level qualification will be considered for these positions.
Ideally applicants will have:
· A degree in Alcohol and Drug counselling, Social Work, Youth Work, or other social service field
· The ability to work rostered shifts
· The ability to practice within a specific treatment model
· A passion for working with young people and their families
· Knowledge of child and adolescent development and of addiction issues
· Excellent engagement, communication and motivational enhancement skills
· Experience working with behaviour change
· Commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi
· A full, clean NZ driver licence
The ability to lead by example, think on one’s feet, be reliable, be inventive and patient are all personal qualities that the successful applicant will possess.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter, and complete the additional information questionnaire online. For all enquiries, please contact Phoebe Van Donselaar on 021578262
Closing date: 20 December 2021
Please note that this role must be performed by a fully vaccinated worker. Proof of vaccination for COVID-19 is required before the successful candidate can comment employment in the role. Police and Ministry of Social Development clearance checks are also required.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We particularly encourage applications from Māori and Pasifika candidates.