This programme takes a developmental approach to engaging with young people whose lives are influenced by alcohol and other drugs. You will be a motivator for positive change for young people and will work in secondary schools located in Counties Manukau. You will support them to identify their own goals for being involved in the programme.
The successful candidate will have:
- A relevant degree level tertiary qualification
- Passion for working with young people and the field of youth development
- An ability to engage with young people
- Experience working with young people in the community
- The ability to work both autonomously and within a team
- The ability to make quick reasoned decisions
- A high degree of flexibility
- A willingness to support young people in many different areas of their life
- The ability to build and maintain networks
- A full, clean driver’s licence
In return we offer:
- A competitive salary based on our updated remuneration bands
- 22 days annual leave
- 5 days paid study leave per annum
- Monday to Friday – no afterhours!
- Professional and career development opportunities.
- A dynamic and supportive team who are passionate about what they do.
You will be part of a lively team of youth practitioners, with great passion for engaging with young people on their level and supporting them to uncover their potential. You will be supported to work with our clients through on-going professional development and clinical supervision sessions.
In addition, you will facilitate group and individual interventions to support young people to work towards their goals.
Maturity, reliability, honesty and common sense are essential.
Odyssey has supported thousands of New Zealanders whose lives are affected by alcohol, drug or other addiction challenges. We wholeheartedly believe that everyone living in New Zealand should have the opportunity to live life to the fullest, to feel hopeful about their future and to have meaningful relationships with friends and whānau.
To apply, please send us your CV and a cover letter and complete the additional information questionnaire online. For all enquiries, please contact Phoebe van Donselaar on 021 578 262
Closing date: 14 January 2021
This role must be performed by a fully vaccinated worker. Proof of vaccination for COVID-19 is required before the successful candidate can comment employment in the role.
Please note that police and Ministry of Social Development clearance checks are required for this role.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We particularly encourage applications from Māori and Pasifika candidates.