An exciting position has become available in Odyssey's Youth Justice Programme!
We have the privilege of working collaboratively with Youth Justice delivering an alcohol and other drug programme focussing on education and other interventions.
This programme focuses on creating hopeful and safe spaces for young people to identify opportunities to reflect. You will be a motivator for positive change and will support young people to identify their own goals for being involved in the programme. You will be supporting young people who are currently placed within a Youth Justice facility. You will co-facilitate groups and deliver a manualised drug and alcohol education programme. You will also provide individual clinical assessments and interventions in consultation with other Odyssey Youth staff.
The ideal applicant will have:
• A degree in Alcohol and Drug counselling, Social Work, Youth Work, or other social service field
• Registration with DAPAANZ as an alcohol and other drug practitioner, or the ability to become registered in a reasonable timeframe
• The ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• The ability to practice within a specific treatment model
• A passion for working with young people and their families
• Knowledge or experience of working within a Youth Justice environment
• Knowledge of child and adolescent development and of addiction issues
• Excellent engagement, communication and motivational enhancement skills
• Experience working with behaviour change
• Commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi
The key focus of this role is supporting young people who are currently placed within a Youth Justice facility, providing group facilitation implementing a manualised drug and alcohol education programme. You will also provide individual clinical assessment and intervention in consultation with other Youth Odyssey staff.
Maturity, reliability, honesty and common sense are essential. Police and MSD clearance checks will be required for this role as well as a full NZ Drivers licence.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply, please include a CV, cover letter and complete the additional information questionnaire form which can be found under your individual Odyssey recruitment profile. Please note that for applicants applying via SEEK an email will be sent to you with a link to access this individual profile. For all enquiries, please contact Ula Mochocka on 09 623 1447 ext. 727.
Closing date: Tuesday, 20 July 2021