OurYouth Community services provide alcohol and other drug treatment options that are responsive to the needs of young people, their families/whanau and other stakeholders. We engage and serve young people and their families/whanau across both community and Odyssey Youth residential care.
We are now seeking applicants for a full time permanent Youth Practitioner role to join our team and make a difference in the lives of young people who require treatment for drug and/or alcohol issues.
Youth Odyssey Community Services are delivered according to client needs and there is fluidity and flexibility between engaging with a young person, conducting assessment, providing therapeutic intervention and supporting them into and out of residential care.
You will be part of a lively team of alcohol and other drug practitioners, with great passion for engaging with young people on their level and supporting them to uncover their potential.
The successful candidate will have:
· A relevant Social or Health related degree qualification
· The ability to work independently as well as part of a team
· The ability to practice within a specific treatment model
· A passion for working with young people and their families
· Knowledge of child and adolescent development and of addiction issues
· Excellent engagement, communication and motivational enhancement skills
· Experience working with behaviour change
· Commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi
· A full driver licence
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please also note that Police and Ministry of Social Development clearance checks will be required for this role.
To apply, please include a CV, cover letter and complete the additional information questionnaire form which can be found under your individual Odyssey recruitment profile. Please note that for applicants applying via SEEK an email will be sent to you with a link to access this individual profile. For all enquiries, please contact Ursula Mochocka on 09 623 1447 ext. 727.
Closing date: Tuesday, 20 July 2021