The successful applicant for this Youth Practitioner role will be working with 13 to 17 year olds, who present with a wide variety of physical, mental, emotional and social issues.
You will identify obstacles preventing our young people from reaching their potential, develop treatment plans and collaboratively guide young people to holistic wellness using a modified Therapeutic Community Model.
We offer you:
- A competitive salary based on our updated remuneration bands
- 22 days of annual leave
- Paid meal breaks
- Free meals and fruit
- 5 days of paid study leave per annum
- Learning and development opportunities
- A dynamic and supportive team who are passionate about what we do
- A healthy work environment which is smoke free
The role involves therapeutically working alongside young people in every aspect of their day to day life. This includes group work, organising structured activities, one to one counselling and actively ensuring adherence to the planned schedules.
Please note that Youth Practitioner roles at the Youth Residential service involve rostered shift work including evenings and these positions require people to work some weekend shifts.
People nearing the end of completing a relevant qualification will be considered for these positions.
Ideally applicants will have:
- A degree in Alcohol and Drug counselling, Social Work, Youth Work, or other social service field
- The ability to work rostered shifts
- The ability to practice within a specific treatment model
- A passion for working with young people and their families
- Knowledge of child and adolescent development and of addiction issues
- Excellent engagement, communication and motivational enhancement skills
- Experience working with behaviour change
- Commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi
- A full, clean NZ driver licence
The ability to lead by example, think on one’s feet, be reliable, be inventive and patient are all personal qualities that the successful applicant will possess.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please also note that Police and Ministry of Social Development clearance checks will be required for this role.
To apply, please include a CV, cover letter and complete the additional information questionnaire form which can be found under your individual Odyssey recruitment profile. Please note that for applicants applying via SEEK an email will be sent to you with a link to access this individual profile. For all enquiries, please contact Jared Johanson on 09 2815653.
Closing date: Monday 30th August 2021