- Permanent, full-time position available in Taupo, delivering to the Southern Lakes region
- Working 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday 8.30am – 5.00pm
- Are you motivated and energised to support young people to build confidence, resilience and wellbeing?
Want to work with an awesome bunch of people? Join our team and be part of an energising, positive, youth-focused crew.
We’re looking for a savvy and energised Youth Worker to join our Southern Lakes Real service in a permanent position. If you are passionate about supporting young people to build confidence, resilience and wellbeing, and would like to work with a great team, we want to hear from you.
The position available is 40 hours per week, Monday- Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm. You will be based in Taupo and delivering to the Southern Lakes region.
Real Lakes provide health and wellbeing services in the community to people aged between 12 and 20 who are experiencing issues related to their mental wellbeing. We believe in the importance of community, connection and relationships - and in the ability of young people to shape their own futures.
You’ll be reporting to the Team Coach and working in a team of Youth Workers and clinicians, delivering support to young people in school and community settings.
No two days are the same in the Real office. In the morning you could be supporting a young person in a school setting, before spending the afternoon exploring a local walking track, gaining the trust of a young person in an environment that makes them comfortable.
We are interested to hear from people who have an understanding of trauma-informed care and experience working with young people. Training and/or experience in mental health or youth work is preferred.
You will have:
- The New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (NZCHW) or a recognised equivalent or be prepared to study towards this qualification or a recognised equivalent.
- A current full New Zealand driver’s licence.
- Hold a current New Zealand first aid certificate or be prepared to obtain one.
You will be:
- A great listener, the sort of person who will listen to the people who use our services.
- A communicator, the sort of person who loves working with people.
- A fresh thinker, using curiosity and imagination to generate new ideas.
- You’re energising, inspiring others with enthusiasm and a take action approach.
In this role you can look forward to extra leave, subsidies for school holiday childcare and a supportive working environment where you will develop and grow your skill set. All of this while ensuring you are prioritising your wellbeing and having fun.
Ready to take a closer look at the Real? Then apply now.
Closing date: Thursday 1 April 2021. Please note, this job may close sooner if a suitable candidate is found.
Position description: https://www.wisegroup.co.nz/uploads/files/position-descriptions/Real_YW_LakesTaupo_2018.pdf
Contact: Michelle Woodfield, Team Coach, on 027 200 8945
Real is supported by Pathways Health Limited, part of the Wise Group. Pathways is committed to healthy lifestyles and actively supports a smoke-free environment. Find out more about Real at www.real.org.nz
**All new appointees into Pathways require background checking. Under the requirements of the Children's Act 2014, new employees that are identified as coming under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process.