- Youth service providing residential individualised specialist support.
- Support taiohi (young people) to build relationship skills and wellbeing.
- 32 hours per week, Friday- Monday, awake night shifts, based in Hamilton.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a youth focused team to provide individualised specialist support to one taiohi.
You will be part of a team working together collectively to support one taiohi (young person) in a home like environment to integrate back into the community with a positive and connected future. This will be a challenging and varied role; the service may be fast paced at times and at other times will require you to bring positive and productive energy.
This role is 32 hours per week. Awake nights, based in Hamilton. Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, 11.00pm- 7.30am.
As a youth worker working the awake night shift, you will be providing support for the taiohi in the service throughout the evening as well as being there to provide any support needed during the night. While the person you support is asleep, you will be kept busy with other tasks like cleaning and supporting the day shifts with maintaining things like filing, first aid kits, emergency kits and preparation of paperwork.
We are seeking resilient, resourceful people to join the team who are experienced in mental health with a youth focus and who can naturally cultivate warm, trusting relationships.
The ideal candidates will have experience in working with taiohi that have required support to manage a number of different needs and can demonstrate ability and competence in working as a cohesive team in challenging situations.
You will have:
- The New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (NZCHW) or a recognised equivalent or be prepared to study towards this qualification or a recognised equivalent.
- Experience in working with young people and an understanding of trauma-informed care.
- Both de-escalation skills and relationship building skills.
- A current full New Zealand driver’s licence.
- A current New Zealand first aid certificate or be prepared to obtain one.
- Knowledge and understanding of Te Ao Māori, including Te Reo Māori and Tikanga, or be open to learning about it.
- Competency using online technology, including basic administration skills using Microsoft office.
- Proficiency in English literacy for record note writing.
- An understanding of what you need for your own wellbeing.
Our spirit is ‘loving life’ - that’s what we do and what we help young people do
We provide health and wellbeing services for youth aged between 14 and 22. We believe in the importance of community, connection and relationships – and in the ability of young people to shape their own futures.
Real teams consist of motivated people who live and breathe our purpose, make ordinary things extraordinary and spend their days going above and beyond to help young people to realize their potential.
Find out more about Real at www.real.org.nz
Here at Real we value our employee’s and we like to show how much we value you by offering outstanding benefits. Some of the benefits include providing extra annual leave, income protection insurance, and subsidies for school holiday children’s programmes.
Real is a supportive work environment where work life balance is encouraged, people are valued, and new solutions are the norm!
Ready to take a closer look at Real? Then apply now.
Closing Date: Thursday 19 August 2021. Please note, this advert may close sooner if a suitable candidate is found.
Position Description: https://www.wisegroup.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Real-Youth-Worker-Hamilton-2020.pdf
Contact: Helen Eyeington, Team Coach, 027 358 8012
Real is supported by Pathways Health Limited, part of the Wise Group. Pathways are committed to healthy lifestyles and actively support a smoke-free environment.
**All new appointees into Pathways require background checking. Under the requirements of the Children's Act 2014, new employees that are identified as coming under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process.