- Two part-time, permanent positions available in our Real respite service.
- Friday- Monday PM shift, and Saturday- Sunday PM shift.
- Support young people to build confidence, resilience and wellbeing.
Join our youth focused team to help support taiohi (young people) and provide health and wellbeing services in a homelike environment.
We have an opportunity for someone who is passionate about and committed to working with Taiohi (young people). We are looking for two youth workers to join our Real respite service based in Hamilton. This service provides support for taiohi in a homelike environment and operates 24/7.
There are two permanent part-time roles available, please indicate in your cover letter which role you are interested in.
1.Saturday and Sunday PM shifts, 3.00pm- 11.30pm- 16 hours per week.
2.Friday- Monday, PM shifts, 3.00pm- 11.30pm- 32 hours per week.
As a youth worker, you'll apply your skills, creative ideas and expertise to work collaboratively with team members and partner agencies to get the best outcome for our taiohi and their families/whānau.
You will support taiohi in a residential setting to develop life skills and resilience and provide support with practical problem solving.
As a youth worker working the awake night shift, you will be providing support for the taiohi in the service throughout the evening as well as being there to provide any support needed during the night. While the people you support are asleep, you will be kept busy with other tasks like cleaning and supporting the day shifts with maintaining things like filing, first aid kits, emergency kits and preparation of paperwork.
You will have:
- The New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (NZCHW) or a recognised equivalent or be studying towards a recognised equivalent.
- Experience in working with young people and an understanding of trauma-informed care.
- Both de-escalation skills and relationship building skills.
- A current full New Zealand driver’s licence.
- A current New Zealand first aid certificate or be prepared to obtain one.
- Knowledge and understanding of Te Ao Māori, including Te Reo Māori and Tikanga, or be open to learning about it.
- Competency using online technology, including basic administration skills using Microsoft office.
- Proficiency in English literacy for record note writing.
- An understanding of what you need for your own wellbeing.
The Wise Group are passionate supporters of our communities and vulnerable populations. We place a high value on the safety and wellbeing of our staff and the people we support. We endorse the Ministry of Health recommendation for vaccinations to protect us all against COVID-19. It is therefore our expectation that all new Wise Group employees are vaccinated.
Our spirit is ‘loving life’ - that’s what we do and what we help young people do
We provide health and wellbeing services for youth aged between 14 and 22. We believe in the importance of community, connection and relationships – and in the ability of young people to shape their own futures.
Real teams consist of motivated people who live and breathe our purpose, make ordinary things extraordinary and spend their days going above and beyond to help young people to realize their potential.
Find out more about Real at www.real.org.nz
The Team and Service
Our team is made up of motivated people who live and breathe our purpose, make ordinary things extraordinary and spend their days going above and beyond to help young people to realise their potential.
Here at Real we value our employee’s and we like to show how much we value you by offering outstanding benefits. Some of the benefits include providing extra annual leave, income protection insurance, and subsidies for school holiday children’s programmes.
Real is a supportive work environment where work life balance is encouraged, people are valued, and new solutions are the norm!
Ready to take a closer look at Real? Then apply now.
Closing Date: Monday 11 October 2021. please note, this job may close sooner if a suitable candidate is found
Position description: http://www.wisegroup.co.nz/uploads/files/position-descriptions/Real_YW_Hamilton_2018.pdf
Contact: April Harrison, Team Coach, 027 217 7125
Real is supported by Pathways Health Limited, part of the Wise Group. Pathways are committed to healthy lifestyles and actively support a smoke-free environment.
**All new appointees into Pathways require background checking. Under the requirements of the Children's Act 2014, new employees that are identified as coming under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process.