- Full time role based in Auckland
- Supporting taiohi (young people) to build confidence, resilience and wellbeing.
- Extra leave and a working with a great team around you
Join our youth focused team to help support taiohi and provide health and wellbeing services in the community.
We’re looking for a savvy and energised youth worker to join our growing service. If you are passionate about supporting young people to build confidence, resilience and wellbeing, and would like to work with a great team, we want to hear from you.
This is a full-time role, working Friday to Monday, AM/PM weekly rotating shifts.
AM shift – 7am – 3:30pm
PM shift – 3pm – 11:30pm
We provide health and wellbeing services in the community to people aged between 14 and 22. We believe in the importance of community, connection and relationships – and in the ability of young people to shape their own futures. Find out more about Real at www.real.org.nz
You’ll be reporting to the Team Coach and working in a team of youth workers. This is a youth respite retreat available on an as-needed basis. Young people will stay in our home-like retreat for short periods while they are supported by trained youth mental health and addiction workers.
You will have:
- Applicants must hold the New Zealand Level 4 Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (NZCHW) or a recognised equivalent, or are currently working towards this qualification or a recognised equivalent? Please check if your qualifications meet equivalencies at https://www.careerforce.org.nz/pay-equity-and-qualification-equivalencies/.
- Have an understanding of trauma-informed care and experience working with young people.
- A current full driver’s licence.
- Hold a current New Zealand first aid certificate or be prepared to obtain one.
- Previous experience in youth work, social work, mental health and addiction preferred.
The Covid-19 Public Health (Vaccination) Order requires the full vaccination of anyone conducting high-risk work in the health and disability sector, or who does not necessarily provide a health service but works in a role that requires frequent contact/engagement with those who do. Therefore all workers within the Wise Group are required by the Order to be vaccinated.
In this role, you can look forward to flexible work arrangements and a great team around you every day working in an organisation that believes in its’ purpose. Be part of a supportive work environment where life balance is encouraged, people are valued and new solutions are the norm!
Closing Date: Sunday 14th November 2021. PLEASE NOTE, we will be shortlisting as we go, and this advert may close when a suitable candidate has been found.
Position Description: file:///C:/Users/PesicM/Wise%20Group/WMS%20People%20and%20Culture%20team%20-%20Poistion%20descriptions/REAL/REAL%20Youth%20Worker/Real%20YW%20Auckland%20-%202018.pdf
Contact: James Scarlett - Team Coach on 027 900 2989.
Real is supported by Pathways Health Limited, part of the Wise Group. Pathways is committed to healthy lifestyles and actively supports a smoke-free environment. Find out more about Real at www.real.org.nz
**All new appointees into Pathways require background checking. Under the requirements of the Children's Act 2014, new employees that are identified as coming under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process.