- Full time role supporting young people in Rotorua
- Support young people to build confidence, resilience and wellbeing
- Fixed term until October 2021
Want to work with an awesome bunch of people? Join our team and be part of an energising, positive, youth-focused crew.
We’re looking for a savvy and energised Youth Worker to join our growing service. If you are passionate about supporting young people to build confidence, resilience and wellbeing, and would like to work with a great team, we want to hear from you.
You will be working 40 hours per week, Monday- Friday, 8.30am- 5.00pm in Rotorua. This is a fixed-term role, ending on 29 October 2021
This role will involve supporting young people with primary mental health issues and complex social needs. We would expect the successful applicant to have knowledge of and relationships with local NGO and Iwi providers and skills in working collaboratively with other providers to address complex needs.
We provide health and wellbeing services in the community to people aged between 12 and 19. We believe in the importance of community, connection and relationships - and in the ability of young people to shape their own futures.
You’ll be reporting to the Team Coach and working in a team of 3 Youth Workers and 5 Clinicians. This is a primary mental health service that delivers short to medium term support to young people experiencing issues such as depression and anxiety. Support is provided in schools, in the community, and from our office base.
We are interested to hear from people who hold The New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (NZCHW) or a recognised equivalent or be prepared to study towards this qualification.
- You will also have an understanding of trauma-informed care and experience working with young people.
- You’ll hold a current full New Zealand driver’s license and a current first aid certificate
- You’re a great listener, the sort of person who will listen deeply to the people who use our services
- You’re a fresh thinker, using curiosity and imagination to generate new ideas
- You’re energising, inspiring others with enthusiasm and a take action approach
- You’re a communicator, the sort of positive person who loves supporting, coaching and mentoring
In this role, you can look forward a great team around you every day working in an organisation that believes in its’ purpose. Be part of a supportive work environment where life balance is encouraged, people are valued and new solutions are the norm!
Ready to take a closer look at the Real? Then apply now.
Closing date: Thursday 13 May 2021. Please note, this advert may close if a suitable candidate is found prior to the closing date.
Position Description: http://www.wisegroup.co.nz/uploads/files/position-descriptions/Real_YW_Rotorua.pdf
Contact: Erin Wynn, Team Coach, 027 200 1888
Real is supported by Pathways Health Limited, part of the Wise Group. Pathways is committed to healthy lifestyles and actively supports a smoke-free environment. Find out more about Real at www.real.org.nz
**All new appointees into Pathways require background checking. Under the requirements of the Children's Act 2014, new employees that are identified as coming under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process.