- Full-time role, Awake Shift working Tuesday to Saturday
- Are you motivated and energised to support young people?
- Supporting taiohi (young people) to build confidence, resilience and wellbeing.
Want to work with an awesome bunch of people? Join our team and be part of an energising, positive, youth-focused crew.
Real | Mō mātou
We provide health and wellbeing services in the community to people aged between 14 and 22. We believe in the importance of community, connection and relationships – and in the ability of young people to shape their own futures. Find out more about Real at www.real.org.nz
The role | Mō tēnei tūranga mahi
We’re looking for a savvy and energised youth worker to join our growing service. If you are passionate about supporting young people to build confidence, resilience and wellbeing, and would like to work with a great team, we want to hear from you.
This is a full-time role, Tuesday to Saturday
Nights - Awake Shift: 11:00 PM - 07:30 AM
You | Mōu:
You’ll be reporting to the Team Coach and working in a team of youth workers. This is a youth respite retreat available on an as-needed basis. Young people will stay in our home-like retreat for short periods while they are supported by trained youth mental health and addiction workers.
You will have:
- Applicants must hold the New Zealand Level 4 Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (NZCHW) or a recognised equivalent, or are currently working towards this qualification or a recognised equivalent? Please check if your qualifications meet equivalencies at https://www.careerforce.org.nz/pay-equity-and-qualification-equivalencies/.
- Have an understanding of trauma-informed care and experience working with young people.
- A current full driver’s licence.
- Hold a current New Zealand first aid certificate or be prepared to obtain one.
- Previous experience in youth work, social work, mental health and addiction preferred.
- You’ll enjoy being part of the team and be excellent in building relationships
- You’ll be flexible and have positive approach when dealing with challenging behaviours
The Covid-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021 requires staff working in health-related services to be fully vaccinated (this includes any subsequent boosters). As a provider we are responsible for ensuring all of our employees are vaccinated as per the mandate and employees are responsible for ensuring we have access to their information.
The Benefits | What we offer | Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou
In this role, you can look forward to flexible work arrangements and a great team around you every day working in an organisation that believes in its’ purpose. Be part of a supportive work environment where life balance is encouraged, people are valued and new solutions are the norm!
Position Description: To view the full position description, please copy and paste the below link in your browser - http://www.wisegroup.co.nz/uploads/files/position-descriptions/Real_YW_Auckland.pdf
Closing Date | Rā Katinga: Monday 6th June 2022. Please note, we will be shortlisting as we go, and this advert may close when a suitable candidate has been found.
Contact: James Scarlett - Team Coach on 027 900 2989.
Real is supported by Pathways Health Limited, part of the Wise Group. Pathways is committed to healthy lifestyles and actively supports a smoke-free environment. Find out more about Real at www.real.org.nz
**All new appointees into Pathways require background checking. Under the requirements of the Children's Act 2014, new employees that are identified as coming under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process.