- Permanent position, 32 hours per week
- Based in Tauranga
- Support young people to build confidence, resilience and wellbeing
Join our youth focused team to help support young people and provide health and wellbeing services in a homelike environment.
We have an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about and committed to working with youth. We are looking for a youth worker to join our Real respite service based in Tauranga. This service provides support for young people in a homelike environment and operates 24/7.
This is a permanent role, 32 hours per week, based in Tauranga.
Friday and Saturday- 7.00am- 3.30pm, Sunday and Monday- 3.00pm- 11.30pm
As a youth worker, you'll apply your skills, creative ideas and expertise to work collaboratively with team members and partner agencies to get the best outcome for our youth and their families/whānau.
You will support young people in a residential setting to develop life skills and resilience and provide support with practical problem solving and daily life skills. You will be supporting community connection and liaising with relevant support services, family/whānau and other providers to provide “whatever it takes and keeping it REAL” for the young people we support in order to grow and identify their purpose and belonging in our community so they have the opportunity to thrive.
You will have:
- Applicants must hold the New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (NZCHW) or a recognised equivalent or be currently studying towards this qualification or a recognised equivalent.
- An understanding of trauma-informed care and experience in support work, preferably with young people.
- A current full New Zealand driver’s licence.
- A current New Zealand first aid certificate or be prepared to obtain one.
- Impeccable attention to detail and be able to provide medication support.
You will be:
- A great listener, the sort of person who will listen to the people who use our services.
- A fresh thinker, using curiosity and imagination to generate new ideas.
- Inspiring others with enthusiasm and a take action approach.
- Passionate about supporting young people to build confidence, resilience and wellbeing.
Our spirit is 'loving life' – and that's what we do, and help our young people to do.
We believe that by supporting young people to build confidence, resilience and wellbeing, in a way that recognises their uniqueness, they be less impacted by adult mental health and addictions later in life.
We believe in the importance of community, connections, relationships and the ability of young people to shape their own futures.
We have Real services across New Zealand from Auckland to the Wairarapa and are the youth brand of Pathways.
Find out more about Real at www.real.org.nz
The Team and Service
Our team is made up of motivated people who live and breathe our purpose, make ordinary things extraordinary and spend their days going above and beyond to help young people to realize their potential.
You’ll be reporting to the team coach and this is a youth respite retreat available on an as-needed basis. Young people will stay in our home-like retreat for short periods while they are supported by trained youth mental health and addiction workers.
Here at Real we value our employee’s and we like to show how much we value you by offering outstanding benefits. Some of the benefits include providing extra annual leave, income protection insurance, flexible working arrangements, and subsidies for school holiday children’s programmes. Real is a supportive work environment where work life balance is encouraged, people are valued, and new solutions are the norm!
Ready to take a closer look at Real? Then apply now.
Closing date: Monday 17 May 2021. Please note, this advert may close sooner is a suitable candidate is found prior to the closing date.
Position Description: http://www.wisegroup.co.nz/uploads/files/position-descriptions/Real_YW_Tauranga_2018.pdf
Contact: Danica Thompson, Team Coach, 027 578 7063
Real is supported by Pathways Health Limited, part of the Wise Group. Pathways are committed to healthy lifestyles and actively support a smoke-free environment.
**All new appointees into Pathways require background checking. Under the requirements of the Children's Act 2014, new employees that are identified as coming under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process.