- Permanent, part-time position available in our residential support service.
- 16 hours per week, Saturday and Sunday PM shifts.
- Support taiohi to build confidence, resilience and wellbeing.
Join our youth focused team to help support taiohi (young people) and provide health and wellbeing services in a homelike environment.
We have an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about and committed to working with youth. We are looking for a Youth Worker to join our Real community-based service in Hamilton. This service provides support for taiohi (young people) in a homelike environment and operates 24/7.
This is a permanent, part-time role, working 16 hours per week.
Saturday and Sunday, PM shifts, 3.00pm- 11.30pm.
As a youth worker, you will support taiohi in the service to develop life skills and resilience, provide support with practical problem solving, supporting outings and liaising with family/whaanau and other providers.
This is a varied role; the service can be fast paced at times. We are seeking a candidate with the ability to provide care and de-escalation support during crisis.
You will have:
- The New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (NZCHW) or a recognised equivalent or be studying towards a recognised equivalent.
- Knowledge and understanding of Te Ao Maaori, including Te Reo Maaori and Tikanga, or be open to learning about it.
- Experience in working with young people and an understanding of trauma-informed care.
- Both de-escalation skills and relationship building skills.
- A current full New Zealand driver’s licence.
- A current New Zealand first aid certificate or be prepared to obtain one.
You will be:
- A great listener the sort of person who will listen to the people who use our services.
- A fresh thinker, using curiosity and imagination to generate new ideas.
- Inspiring others with enthusiasm and a take action approach.
- Passionate about supporting young people to build confidence, resilience and wellbeing.
- Competent using online technology, including basic administration skills using Microsoft office.
- Proficient in English literacy for record note writing.
Our spirit is 'loving life' – that's what we do and help our young people to do.
We provide health and wellbeing services in the community to people aged between 14 and 22. We believe in the importance of community, connection and relationships – and in the ability of young people to shape their own futures.
Find out more about Real at www.real.org.nz
The Team and Service
Our team is made up of motivated people who live and breathe our purpose, make ordinary things extraordinary and spend their days going above and beyond to help young people to realise their potential.
This is a residential youth transitional service available on an as-needed basis. Taiohi will stay in our home-like retreat for short periods while they are supported by trained youth mental health and addiction workers.
In this role you can look forward to extra leave, subsidies for school holiday childcare and a supportive working environment where you will develop and grow your skill set. All of this while ensuring you are prioritising your wellbeing and having fun.
Closing Date: Tuesday 6 July 2021. Please note, this advert may close sooner if a suitable candidate is found
Position Description: http://www.wisegroup.co.nz/uploads/files/position-descriptions/Real_YW_Hamilton_2018.pdf
Contact: Renee Newton, Service and Relationship Manager, 027 444 2983.
Real is supported by Pathways Health Limited, part of the Wise Group. Pathways are committed to healthy lifestyles and actively support a smoke-free environment.
**All new appointees into Pathways require background checking. Under the requirements of the Children's Act 2014, new employees that are identified as coming under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process.