- Youth service in Waikanae on the Kapiti Coast
- Provide residential individualised specialist support to Youth
- Awake night shift available
Hi! We’re a Youth service in Waikanae that delivers Youth based mental health and wellbeing services. If you’re keen to be a part of this service then keep reading to find out more.
We need a Youth Worker who is skilled in creating warm and trusting relationships to join a new team to support one taiohi (young person) in a home like environment. Preferably you’ll have experience working with youth with complex needs, or experience working in mental health.
The role will be varied and sometimes challenging, you’ll work through a Te Ao Māori lens to build confidence, resilience and wellbeing for the taiohi. Our goal is to keep them safe and to integrate back into the community.
As a youth worker you will be providing support throughout the evening, as well as being there to provide any support needed during the night. While our taiohi are asleep, you will be kept busy with other tasks like cleaning and supporting the day shifts with maintaining things like filing, first aid kits, emergency kits and preparation of paperwork.
Sunday to Thursday awake night shift from 11.00pm to 7.30am.
You will have:
- The New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (NZCHW) or a recognised equivalent or be prepared to study towards this qualification or a recognised equivalent.
- A current full New Zealand driver’s licence.
- A current New Zealand first aid certificate or be prepared to obtain one.
- Knowledge and understanding of Te Ao Māori, including Te Reo Māori and Tikanga, or be open to learning about it.
- An understanding of what you need for your own wellbeing.
The Wise Group are passionate supporters of our communities and vulnerable populations. We place a high value on the safety and wellbeing of our staff and the people we support. We endorse the Ministry of Health recommendation for vaccinations to protect us all against COVID-19. It is therefore our expectation that all new Wise Group employees are vaccinated.
Our spirit is ‘loving life’ - that’s what we do and what we help young people do
We provide health and wellbeing services for youth aged between 14 and 22. We believe in the importance of community, connection and relationships – and in the ability of young people to shape their own futures.
REAL teams consist of motivated people who live and breathe our purpose, make ordinary things extraordinary and spend their days going above and beyond to help young people to realize their potential.
Find out more about Real at www.real.org.nz
The Benefits (for full-time role)
- extra annual leave
- income protection insurance
- flexible working arrangements
- subsidies for school holiday children’s programmes
- work life balance is encouraged
Ready to take a closer look at Real? Then apply now.
Position Description: https://www.wisegroup.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Real-Wgtn-YW-OTIS-2020.pdf
Closing Date: 11 October 2021. This advert may close early if a suitable candidate has been found.
Contact: Heather Penzel, Team Coach on 027 208 2563
Real is supported by Pathways Health Limited, part of the Wise Group. Pathways are committed to healthy lifestyles and actively support a smoke-free environment.
**All new appointees into Pathways require background checking. Under the requirements of the Children's Act 2014, new employees that are identified as coming under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process.