The mental health and addiction workforce planning and forecasting literature review
Publication date: 10 February 2014
What information do we need about our workforce to plan for current and future demand and changes in service delivery?
Te Pou reviewed national and international literature examining best practice for workforce data collection to inform workforce planning and forecasting demand.
This summary shares what the review tells us about good workforce planning. The summary includes:
- Traditional workforce planning strategies vs. the recommended approach for good workforce planning
- Issues faced when collecting mental health and addiction workforce information
- How information is collected in New Zealand
- Why, how and what information should be collected
- What a workforce forecasting framework might look like