Mental health and addiction inquiry
Publication date: 19 June 2018
The Te Pou submission to the Government inquiry into mental health and addiction, aiming to set a clear direction for the next five to ten years that Government, the mental health and addiction sectors and the whole community can pick up and make happen.
Our top five messages
- There is a looming mental health and addiction workforce crisis.
- We need to change the composition of the workforce and the way it is educated and trained.
- We need further investment in focused workforce development initiatives.
- We need evidence-based approaches to workforce planning and development.
- We need to support and look after our most important asset: our workforce.