Mārama Real-Time Feedback (Mārama) is a consumer experience survey tool that captures the voices of tāngata whai ora and whānau engaging with mental health and addiction services in real-time. Based on the New Zealand Triple Aim model for quality and safety outcomes, the tool offers opportunities for tāngata whai ora and whānau to share their service experiences and contribute to the development of services (CBG Health Research, 2014). When Mārama was developed, mental health and addiction services were required to collect a paper-based satisfaction survey.
The aim of the sector consultation is to build a better understanding of service experience feedback from tāngata whai ora and whānau in New Zealand’s mental health and addiction sector, including Mārama and other tools and resources.
The key questions asked in the review are:
- What do people think about Mārama?
- What supports collection of feedback?
- What supports reporting of feedback?
- How is feedback used to inform quality improvement?
- What does the sector want to see in the future of Mārama?